2010年5月11日 星期二

Realization

Although women are never to reveal their numbers, regardless weight, age or height, all the numbers in the following confession of mine are true numbers.

I got to start with some facts about myself: I enjoyed food, all kinds of food. I enjoyed making them and eating them. I told people that I live to eat! I didn’t exercise; I hated to sweat, so why suffer myself? I thought. I am lazy, I never cared about any sun uv skin protection; not to mention about using any hand or body lotion of any sort. I made some attempts with applying facial mask at least once a week, but that didn’t last long – these processes just take up way too much time and they were slowly forgotten. I was one happy little girl who simply didn’t see the freckles and aging coming.

I am 26 years old this year, and today I truly feel that age is catching up on me. The fine lines I see around my eyes are freaking me out; the fact that my weight has been rising upwards due to slower metabolism is freaking me out also; even the thought of I’ve passed my mid-20s is FREAKING ME OUT! So in the beginning of this year 2010, I stepped onto this newly-bought shiny digital scale, and the big numbers showed up: 60.9kg. My goodness, I had never been at 60kg ever before! How did all the weight creep up on me I didn’t know? I started doing some cardio, and then I found out that how out of shape I was. I started to change my eating habits and forced myself to exercise almost everyday, and these led to cranky mood everyday as a side effect. In the first month, there was really not much progress on the scale numbers. It was devastating. But I could only try to comfort myself that the result would eventually come. After 3 months of crankiness… I meant good work, I lost about 5 kg and my skin was also visually better (bonus!) just right before my big trip to Taiwan and China. Although 56 kg was not at my target yet, but it did work a bit and the fact that I could actually fit in a size 2 BCBG dress amazed me. (And yes I bought that dress.)

My 3-week trip to Taiwan and China was a total blast and at the same time a total disaster to my diet plan of course. However, there was no regret what-so-ever. I was brought back to life with all the good food they had to offer there. I did feel guilty and fatty at times, so I still tried to do a 40 minutes jog in the morning every other day. But comparing to the amount of food and the types of food, i.e. fried and sweets, that I was consuming each day, the jog didn’t cut it for sure. At last, I took a deep breath and stepped onto the analogue scale in my Taipei home after 3 weeks of happiness, it showed 59.5kg. I sighed, and I was not surprised. With the kind of life style I had, gaining 3.5 kg in 3 weeks was not bad already, it could’ve been worse.

After I got back to Toronto, I was just eating normal with minimum exercise. About 4 days later, I weighted myself on my digital scale, surprisingly, the digital scale showed 57.8kg. I was like WHAT?













Then I thought to myself, maybe because during the 3 months of losing weight the healthy way, even with 3 weeks of no-control-eating on my trip, my body was still able to burn parts of it off rather quickly thus the re-gaining process was slower than I expected. It was the “Ah, all the hard work really paid off!” feeling and it gave me the motivation to pick up my healthy live style again and lose more weight for the remaining year.

It has been about 2 weeks now that I am back to my diet plan, and I weight 56kg again. The goal is to keep up the good work for another 2 months, 53kg and summer here I come!

沒有留言: