2010年5月19日 星期三

I often wonder...

So…I often wonder…

One day I was driving down a highway and I saw a rainbow, so I wonder: I know that the rainbow colors are from light reflection in water mist causing the white light to disperse into its 7 color components, but why does the rainbow always form a semicircular shape, but not any other shape?
DW: Check this link video for rainbow tutorial http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=44

One day I was eating and there were various kinds of meat on the table, such as pork, beef, chicken and lamb; just by tasting, I could pretty much tell which kind of meat I was eating, so I wonder: how does human meat taste like? Does it also have a distinct taste and texture which I could tell the difference from other kinds of meat?
JB: Oh, I really don't want to know, thank you Xenia, thank you...

One day I was at work and a very funny incident happened during lunch, I was laughing really hard, and I wonder: is human being the only animal that has a sense of humor and knows how to laugh? Animals have sad, happy, lonely, boring moods, but I am not sure if they could actually find things funny from the bottom of their hearts.
DW: Additional features of human: humour, sarcasm, logic, and ability to be evil?

One day I saw a man with a beer belly, it was a huge round one; the belly looked pretty tight and stiff...not sagging at all, so I wonder: What exactly is in it?! if it's fat, how come it's not sagging but firm and tight? and why does it all accumulate in the belly, and not anywhere else?

One day I was at Juzhaogou China admiring mother nature’s creation; the mountain, the water, the trees together assembled an incredible view, and I wonder: Everyone in this world has a different point of view about almost everything, especially the definition of beauty and arts. Doesn’t matter how ugly the shoes are, there must be someone who would find them attractive; so the question is, is there anyone in the whole world doesn’t appreciate the magnificent natural sceneries? Even the greatest designer/artist of all time would not be able to impress everyone, so how does mother nature able to unite everyone’s interpretation of beauty?

One day I was watching a documentary on Sharks, the movie described the phenomenal impacts of rapid Shark population decrease; they include messing up the food chain leading to global warming and global oxygen reduction and a whole bunch of other disasters. It’s like butterfly effect theory which encapsulates that a small difference in the initial condition may lead to large variations for the whole system. So I wonder: if human beings are extinct today…what effects would that have? I think if it is not nothing, then only better i.e. no pollutions, no excessive depletion of natural resources. I can’t imagine why the human beings are essential in the bio food chain either…and the earth lived happily for a longtime without human beings there before… so…why are we even necessary here? We are not even as important as a tiny butterfly, yet we are killing everything we find and see. Now that is all making sense…let the most pointless character destroy everything essential…I mean, doesn’t THAT make you wonder?
DW: I think human beings didn’t evolve to last forever. So anyone trying to have kids today are crazy. You’ll see your grand kid having to clean up after our trash
PZ: http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people

One day I wonder, if I was a religious person who believed that the answers were all in God (regardless logical or not), would I be a less successful person because of a less critical mind?
DW: No, there are lots of ignorant and successful people. You just need to be good looking and be at the right place at the right time, and maybe know how to act… (think Tom Cruise)

One day I wonder, if I didn't wonder about things happening in this world, would I be a happier person?
GK: Back to the basics!!! that will make you happy.. ;)
If you don’t believe me, just transfer all the money in the a/c below and you’ll see the magic.. #123456789…
BTW.. THANX FOR THE MONEY..

沒有留言: