2008年3月18日 星期二

Pre- Miami Trip

So! I thought I was going to blog about my everyday life at the time when I signed up for this, but it sort of just never happened. Well, it is never too late to start…
The big news for the week is *drumming….* I am going on my very first vacation since graduating from university!!*TA-DA!* I am super excited! It is going to be a 7-day trip, May 24-30, to Miami including the 4-day Bahamas Cruise. Alice, Sarah and Lynne are going with me. Even though I don’t know them that well yet, but I am sure we are going to have a blast!! All the beaches, clubs, and FOOD!! Before I get too excited about the actual trip, there is a lot of things that need to be taken care of prior departure! The first thing is booking the flights and accommodations. Three weeks ago, I found the deal to be around $650 in total flying from Buffalo; so I had been asking around for people to see if anyone was interested in going. Luckily I got Alice and Sarah confirmed to come pretty quickly, and Alice even invited her co-worker to join and made this trip possible. All of us were pretty excited about the trip and were ready to book; but then when I went back online again and check the package, the flight from Buffalo to Miami increased by $100 per person! That was pretty much the same flying from Toronto to Miami. Moreover, I found out that the hotel I originally was looking at actually located distance from the busy southern district! So for the past two weeks, I have been checking out flight prices literally every hour, and reading hotel reviews everyday! I could almost memorize the details about half of the hotels locating on Miami Beach! But nothing was really feasible for us. At last, I decided just book the flight tickets from Toronto to Miami at $100 more than expected, and book a hotel with decent review at a location about 15 min drive away from the south beach. The total became $850! Though the girls weren’t so pleased when they saw the price going up, but they were all supportive and still in for the trip! At least the bookings were all done! But the story doesn’t end here. Two days later, I went back online and check for the flight price (it has become a habit after two weeks of ‘training’), the flight from Buffalo to Miami has dropped $90!!!!!!!!! I was like… wtf!! *sigh* I guess life IS tough! Anyhow! At least right now we don’t have to travel to Buffalo back and forth, and we get a better hotel… that is probably the only way I can comfort myself now. After getting piiiiissedoff at this flight price fluctuation thing for a couple days, I am back to normal, and still excited about my trip in May. It will be the first time I go on a Cruise, and I think there is going to be like UNLIMITED food and entertainment!! Have been looking at many tourist sites about Miami, creating a detailed itinerary, and trying to LOSE WEIGHT! Oh man, the third item is going to be a completely new 10-page story!! To be continued...

沒有留言: